Saturday 17 May 2014

Your Quick & Easy, Healthy Study Snacks that will curb your sweet tooth




Hey loveys,

How are we doing today? For those of you studying for your Leaving Cert, I hope you're not too stressed. When it comes to exams, stress is your enemy and affects your performance because your body is exhausted. The best way to get your energy up during those long study sessions...



 that are nearly a thing of the past for me, is to make sure your body is healthy and happy with the foods you're consuming. I'm not going to lie, I did indulge in a fair bit of chocolate and messy foods whilst I was doing my Leaving Cert because I simply did not care. I wanted foods that excited me, not 'plain jane' salads and oatmeal (although that is what excites me now). So I totally understand if you'd like to binge during this difficult time, if you're craving chocolate- don't deprive yourself, have as much as you want, becoming healthy can always take place after exams.

However for those of you who eat, breathe and live a healthy lifestyle and are just dying to get your summer body as quick as possible, I have a few snacks here that I personally enjoy and that taste just as good as any junk food. I'm not saying jelly is the best thing for your body, but hey it's low calorie and still delicious to eat. 

I don't know about you but I'm always quite peckish when I'm studying so not snacking is just not an option. I discovered these small pots of jelly in Dunnes Stores the other day and absolutely fell in love. They come in all sorts of flavours (mango & pineapple, apple& watermelon, cranberry, raspberry, pear, etc) and some of them even have chunks of fruit in them. Each pot ranges from 4-10 calories and 0.7g of sugar.

I also like to snack on lots of fruit when I'm studying. For me, fruits taste like sweets but I don't have to treat them as such because they are actually good for me. Cut up your favourite fruits (mine are melons, pineapples & mangos) and have them while you look over your english notes. I know oranges aren't very practical to eat while studying because they're so sticky but just take a 5 minute (only) break to have them, wash your hands and get back to work.

The one major reason why I enjoy eating healthy foods is because of food presentation; that is the way I lay out my food. If something looks attractive on a plate, no matter what it is, you are going to be more eager to eat it. So top tip: Always layout your food in a really pretty way (not just for instagram) to help you get used to eating clean for a week and then come back and tell me that it didn't work. I assure you, it will work.

Below was my breakfast this morning. I added honey (a little too much, oops) into my porridge to sweeten the taste and might I add, it tasted superb. I hope you guys enjoy this post and if you want me to continue posting my food on this blog, do let me know here.

Wishing you a splendid evening.

Lots of love
-Mizzmoi xo



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment