Thursday 19 June 2014

Your top 6 holiday essentials

Hey darlings,
I know many of you are going on sun holidays this summer so I've decided to write an article on what I know you will be needing to survive a hot holiday... with lots of gorgeous people everywhere. Now do interrupt me if I'm wrong but...


I'm convinced that you might want to look as good as them or even better? If that's the case, then please read on. Having been on a typical sun holiday last summer (Mallorca, Spain) I do believe all advice I give you is perfectly valid and extremely relevant.

Shall we get started then?

Click on the links below for outfit details

1. A Kimono
Think about it, you're going to need something to cover up your sun-burnt shoulders from the world and what's better than a simple kimono? Your outfit- say shorts and a tank top- will look more put together if you wore a kimono and guess what? You don't have to think too hard about it. Affordable kimonos.

2. A sun hat

Asides from the fact that they protect you from too much unwanted sun rays, they can make your pre-bikini outfit for going to the beach look even more stylish. Don't forget a cute pair of sunglasses and your sun screen lotion. Skin cancer is a terrible thing. Affordable sun hats.

3. Chic sandals

When I went to Spain, I brought 7 pairs of sandals with me expecting to wear a different one for each day I was there. It was a stupid idea and a waste of luggage space as I ended up wearing my best pair every single day (nude ankle sandals). They were fab and I'm not using that word lightly. I bought them in Dunnes Stores but they could have been designer for all you know, the leather looked so high-end even though they were not. Affordable sandals.

4. A reasonably sized handbag

You will find that when going to the beach you might want to pack a couple of things for yourself; say a book, sunglasses, a change of clothes, and so on. You're going to need a large handbag. Finding an inexpensive big bag sans the tackiness is always a concern but not to worry all you need is a good eye. Think leather and leather only. None of this floral crap I'm seeing everywhere. Affordable handbags.


5. High waisted denim shorts

Find yourself a good pair of shorts. Preferably denim and high waisted; denim looks good with everything and high waisted means you can eat as much as you want on holidays and not look or feel fat. You're there to enjoy yourself, not to count calories but believe me when I say, you do not want to come home and cringe at the pictures you've taken. Affordable shorts.

6. The perfect holiday dress

This is an essential. Whether it is for your final meal on the islands of Mallorca or if it's just for that one special night out with all of your friends and/or family. You need a dress that will turn heads at every corner. As much as I hate to say this- stay away from black, you're on a sun holiday after all. Stay away from excessive use of neon colours, we're going for classy and fun. Affordable holiday dresses.


Remember you are competent of creating a stylish outfit that suits you better than anyone and with my tips, you are kind of invincible.

A personal tip: I would recommend bringing a notebook so you can document your time on holiday while maybe tanning on the beach. You want to have those memories forever and the best way for keeping them is by writing everything down.

I'm going out tonight with my friend so sorry if this article sounds rushed (it was rushed) but It's better to chat to you guys everyday instead of every odd day.

Stay stylish,
-Mizzmoi xo

Follow me on social media for all of my latest projects

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment